MONTHLY LETTER WRITING
You send one letter.
You get one random letter.
2023 JANUARY LETTER PROMPT:
Who will you become in 2023?
2022 DECEMBER LETTER PROMPT:
(prompt closed)Tell your family story.
2022 OCTOBER LETTER PROMPT:
(prompt closed)What are the top 3 places in the world you want to go? And why? What do you hope to learn?
2022 SEPTEMBER LETTER PROMPT:
(prompt closed)If you could have a second chance at one event in your life, what would you choose? What would you do differently? How would your life be different now?
2022 JULY LETTER PROMPT:
(prompt closed)The world is an interesting place right now. How do you feel about it? What scares you? What excites you?
UPDATE FOR MAY 2022:
We're taking a month off of prompts! Check back in June for the next prompt.
HOW IT WORKS
Monthly we'll post a new topic to write about. Write as much or as little as you'd like.
Yah, we never share this info with anyone. All letters come to one location and we swap them from one envelope to another.
Random Letter Project
6929 N Hayden Road C4
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
When you send your letter, be sure to include your return address on the envelope. We'll use those details to send you a random letter back.
A random letter from another person who contributed will be dropped in your mailbox when you least expect it.
GETS A NEW ENVELOPE
Just want to reiterate - we swap your letter from one envelope to another. Don't worry about your address being on there. It's what we'll use to send you a random letter back.
1. View this as your outlet to get a snippet of your story out of your head and onto the paper. Don't think too much about it. Just write. No one cares if you scratch something out or have a typo.
2. Don't use last names or distinct details that will identify you. The goal of this is to keep your info confidential. This allows you to tell your story without feeling like the internet or someone will be able to trace it all back to you.
3. Tell someone. Share a snippet of your letter on social media. Let's get stuff off our chest and save letter writing while we're at it. You're part of a something cool. Celebrate it.
4. Don't want to put your return address on the outside of the envelope? No sweat. Just put it on a piece of paper or sticky note on the inside of your envelope and we'll toss it out once we send you a random letter.
5. Not feeling the letter prompt? No worries. A new prompt drops randomly so you'll get another chance to write in.
6. Can I send in more than one letter per monthly letter prompt? Please only send in one letter per person, per month.
7. We love when you send an extra stamp, but it’s totally okay if you don’t! You’ll always get a random letter back regardless. International writers - no worries. We have you covered.
CHANCES TO WRITE
CHANCES TO SMILE AT THE MAILBOX
CHANCE THIS IS AN AWESOME IDEA