You send one letter.
You get one random letter.
2021 SEPTEMBER LETTER PROMPT:
If you could ask for a miracle, what would it be and why?
2021 JULY LETTER PROMPT:
(prompt closed)When you were a kid, what did you think your life would look like now and how does your life today compare?
2021 AUGUST LETTER PROMPT:
(prompt closed)How are you truly doing?
2021 JUNE LETTER PROMPT:
(prompt closed)You suddenly find yourself on stage for your own Ted Talk. With no prior planning, what's a topic you can speak about for 18 min?
HOW IT WORKS
Monthly we'll post a new topic to write about. Write as much or as little as you'd like.
Yah, we never share this info with anyone. All letters come to one location and we swap them from one envelope to another.
Random Letter Project
6929 N Hayden Road C4
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
When you send your letter, be sure to include your return address on the envelope. We'll use those details to send you a random letter back.
A random letter from another person who contributed will be dropped in your mailbox when you least expect it.
GETS A NEW ENVELOPE
Just want to reiterate - we swap your letter from one envelope to another. Don't worry about your address being on there. It's what we'll use to send you a random letter back.
1. View this as your outlet to get a snippet of your story out of your head and onto the paper. Don't think too much about it. Just write. No one cares if you scratch something out or have a typo.
2. Don't use last names or distinct details that will identify you. The goal of this is to keep your info confidential. This allows you to tell your story without feeling like the internet or someone will be able to trace it all back to you.
3. Tell someone. Share a snippet of your letter on social media. Let's get stuff off our chest and save letter writing while we're at it. You're part of a something cool. Celebrate it.
4. Don't want to put your return address on the outside of the envelope? No sweat. Just put it on a piece of paper or sticky note on the inside of your envelope and we'll toss it out once we send you a random letter.
5. Not feeling the letter prompt? No worries. A new prompt drops monthly on the 25th for the following month.
6. Can I send in more than one letter per monthly letter prompt? Please only send in one letter per person, per month.
7. We love when you send an extra stamp, but it’s totally okay if you don’t! You’ll always get a random letter back regardless. International writers - no worries. We have you covered.
CHANCES TO WRITE
CHANCES TO SMILE AT THE MAILBOX
CHANCE THIS IS AN AWESOME IDEA